- The refrigerator is not cooling properly: If the compressor is not working correctly, the refrigerator may not be able to maintain the proper temperature, and food may spoil more quickly than usual.
- Unusual noises: A failing compressor may make unusual noises, such as a clicking or humming sound, when it is running.
- The compressor is hot to the touch: If the compressor is hot to the touch, it may be overworking and struggling to keep up with the demands of the refrigerator.
- The refrigerator is running constantly: If the compressor is not functioning correctly, it may cause the refrigerator to run constantly in an attempt to maintain the proper temperature.
- Ice buildup: A malfunctioning compressor can cause ice to build up inside the refrigerator or freezer, which can impact its ability to cool food properly.
If you suspect that the compressor in your refrigerator is bad or failing, it is best to contact a professional refrigerator repair service to diagnose and repair the issue. They can evaluate the compressor and other components of the refrigerator to determine the best course of action.
5 Star Appliance Repair team: refrigerator repair Tucson