- Check the power supply: If your washing machine is not turning on, make sure it is plugged in and that the outlet is functioning properly. Check the circuit breaker or fuse box to ensure that there is no issue with the electrical supply.
- Check the water supply: If the machine is not filling up with water or the water pressure is low, check the water supply valves and hoses to make sure they are turned on and not clogged.
- Check the drain hose: If the washing machine is not draining properly or not draining at all, check the drain hose for clogs or kinks. Make sure the hose is not pushed too far down the drain, which can cause water to back up into the machine.
- Check the door/lid switch: If the washing machine is not starting or stopping mid-cycle, check the door/lid switch to make sure it is functioning properly. The switch may need to be replaced if it is faulty.
- Check the motor: If the washing machine is making unusual noises or not spinning, check the motor to make sure it is functioning properly. The motor may need to be replaced if it is faulty.
- Check the drum bearings: If the washing machine is making a loud noise during the spin cycle, the drum bearings may be worn out and need to be replaced.
- Clean the washing machine: Regularly cleaning your washing machine can prevent issues and prolong its lifespan. Clean the drum and lint filter, and run a cleaning cycle with a washing machine cleaner.
If you are unsure about how to repair your washing machine or if the issue is more serious than a minor problem, it is best to seek the help of a professional appliance repair technician.
5 Star Appliance Repair team: washing machine repair Tucson